SutureSafe-Available for License
Suture needles are the number one cause of sharps injuries in the OR.
SutureSafe® is a forceps-mounted, foam-filled cylinder designed to help minimize the risk of injuries associated with suture needles. SutureSafe® is easily affixed to any standard forceps by simply sliding it securely into place over the non-working end. SutureSafe® can be prepped with a suture needle to facilitate safe handling on and off the surgical field.
Features and Benefits:
- An innovative sharps control solution
- Designed to reduce the risk of accidental injury from the suture needle.
- No exposure to suture needle during handling
- Simple to use: Easily mounts to any standard forceps
- Helps meet OSHA’s regulations to reduce exposure to bloodborne pathogens
US patent # 7,763,038
Currently seeking licensing partners for this product.
Watch a SutureSafe Demo Video