O’Brien Medical introduces the ETF128, an exciting new instrument for the neurodiagnostics market. The ETF128 is now commercially available after a five year development and testing process. This innovative product is ideally positioned to serve as our core offering as the company transitions from licensing entity to device manufacturer.
Physicians have long known that 128 Hz tuning fork is the most sensitive of the commonly used neurological screening tests available in clinical practice. The ETF¹²⁸(Electronic Tuning Fork/128 Hz) builds on this foundation and takes it to the next level. The ETF does this by electronically reproducing the most valuable features of the traditional tuning fork.
The improved accuracy and reproducibility afforded by this approach has been combined with an integrated timing function. The result is a modern medical instrument allowing physicians to diagnose diabetic peripheral neuropathy (DPN) at earlier stages. Prompt diagnosis of this condition is critical as neuropathy is known to be the key precursor leading to foot ulcers, infections and amputations. Armed with the ETF, physicians will be able to more rapidly implement preventative strategies aimed at reducing limb loss.
- First medical-grade 128 Hz Electronic Tuning Fork
- Ideal for assessment and tracking of pedal DPN, entrapment neuropathy, fall risk, pre-/post-operative nerve release
- Standardized timed vibration testing between patients and providers
- Quantitative documentation for EMR requirements
- Five vibration amplitude modes: Descending, Ascending, Constant, Fx Test and Vibroception Average*
- Simple ergonomic design
*Average of ascending and descending vibration amplitudes
We will connect you to our distributors and sales representatives through our Contact page.
See our new demo video
ETF Customer Testimonials
“I use my ETF several times daily in my busy Internal Medicine practice. It is an easy to use and accurate measurement for diagnosis and tracking of diabetic peripheral neuropathy. I have found the device also serves as a useful educational tool to discuss neuropathy and prevention with patients.”
Mita Gupta, MD Chatham, MA
“I use the ETF daily. It is a great screening tool but maybe even more importantly a great teaching tool. The commercial unit is slick and easy to use.”
Gregory Catalano, DPM Concord, MA
“… I am completely confident in the findings of the ETF. I use it several times daily and it’s a huge time saver. The patients like it too since it’s simple and easy to understand.”
Shannon Meredith, DPM Falmouth, ME
“I have found the new improvements to the ETF to be superb.”
Tammer Elmarsafi, DPM Washington, D.C.
- Instruction Manual
- Clinical White Paper
- ETF¹²⁸ Flyer
- Proof of Concept Study
- Relative Sensory Sparing Article DFA
- 5 Great Reasons to Accurately Diagnose and Track DPN
- Large Fiber Neuropathy, Aging and Fall Risk
- ETF Patient Test Results Printout
- Three Minute Diabetic Foot Exam
- Seven Reasons to Reconsider Monofilament Testing for DPN
- EMR Documentation Template